The Session Initiation Protocol (SIP) is a simple, open protocol that enables new multimedia applications for voice, data and video. The OmniPCX Enterprise handles SIP phones the same way as any other proprietary sets, providing powerful features including telephony services (multi-line, supervision, tandem, boss/secretary, hotel, group calls, etc.); use of prefix (forward, substitution, wake-up, etc.); CSTA monitoring, etc.
- Access to OmniPCX Enterprise features and application support, including hospitality services, twinset and hunting groups via SIP, dual-tone multi-frequency (DTMF) codes and voice guides
- Use of policy enforcement for SIP devices, such as call barring, call detail records, high availability and admission control
- Take advantage of Omni PCX Enterprise benefits as regards scalability, reliability, and high availability
- Tight integration in the overall IP telephony solution, including all TDM and IP phones, fax, H. 323 and TDM trunks
- Can be deployed through OmniVista 4760 SIP Device Management
- Full compatibility with active recording methods (DR-Link)