The Computer Supported Telecommunications Applications (CSTA) is a standardized ECMA protocol that enables third-party applications to control all Alcatel-Lucent OmniPCX Office Rich Communication Edition devices.
The CSTA protocol enables information exchanges to initiate services as well as to monitor and control calls and devices.
- Supports CSTA Phase 1
- Switching function services (answer call, clear call, conference call, divert call, etc.)
- Status reporting services (monitor start/stop, snapshot device, etc.)
- Bi-directional services (escape, systems status)
- Explicit monitoring of all devices
- SDK provides access to unique OmniPCX Office Rich Communication Edition telephony features
- Use of private information in events and services
- Alcatel-Lucent adds values through CSTA private information (events and services)
- Powerful associated tools to observe system behavior, supervise system security, trace and log communication links
- Uses a low-cost, high-bandwidth Ethernet connection
- Core component for any Computer Telephony Integration (CTI) solution whatever the protocol level used: TAPI, XML, etc.